This statement discloses the privacy practices for www.FloridaNEXT.com.
- What personally identifiable information of yours is collected from you through the website, the organization collecting the information and how the information is used
- With whom the information may be shared
- What choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of the information
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information
Remember to be smart online. Do not give out your full name, email address, home address, telephone number or any other personal information that would enable someone to contact you either online or offline, without first asking your parent or guardian for permission.
There are many activities on the Florida Trend’s NEXT
website that teens can participate in and enjoy without having to share personally identifiable information.
For those activities that require personally identifiable information, such as drawings, contests and sweepstakes (in compliance with the Federal Trade Commission’s Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), Florida Trend’s NEXT
will not condition a child’s or teen’s participation in an activity on that child or teen disclosing more personally identifiable information than is reasonably necessary to administer the activity.
Parents can request to review or have deleted their teen’s personally identifiable information from Florida Trend’s NEXT
records, and refuse to permit further use of a child’s information by contacting Editor@FloridaNEXT.com
Information Collection and Use
Florida Trend’s NEXT: Your Future After High School in Florida™
is published by Trend Magazines Inc., the sole owner of the information collected on this site. We will not sell, share or rent this information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement. Florida Trend’s NEXT collects information from our users at several different points on our website.
We only collect personally identifiable information from our visitors 13 years old or older (teens) when such visitors voluntarily submit such information.
We do not collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 without first obtaining verifiable parental consent, unless we only use such information to: (1) obtain parental consent or provide parents with notice; (2) respond directly on a one-time basis to a child’s specific request; (3) respond more than once to a child’s specific request along with providing parental notice of such use; (4) protect the safety of a child; or (5) comply with legal requirements. The consent and notification process mentioned above gives parents the ability to let us know if they do not want us to make further use of the personally identifiable information we have collected from their child.
We consider the following, among other things, to be personally identifiable information: first and last name, middle initial, email address, street address, age and phone number. We may request such personally identifiable information from teens in connection with our drawings, contests, sweepstakes, games, surveys, forums, subscription registrations, content submissions, classroom activities, requests for suggestions, and visitors’ requests for free products, services (such as our magazines) or additional information, so that we can contact a winner, answer questions or requests and fulfill orders. Unless we indicate otherwise, personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 will be used solely by Trend Publications Inc. or its agents for internal purposes and will not be sold or otherwise transferred to third parties.
NEW as of 09/16/15: We use Google AdWords Remarketing to advertise Florida Trend’s NEXT across the Internet, in particular on the Google Display Network. AdWords remarketing will display ads to you based on what parts of the FloridaNEXT.com website you have viewed by placing a cookie on your web browser. This cookie does not in any way identify you or give access to your computer or mobile device. The cookie is used to indicate to other websites that “This person visited a particular page, so show them ads relating to that page.” Google AdWords Remarketing allows us to tailor our marketing to better suit your needs and only display ads that are relevant to you.
If you do not wish to see ads from Florida Trend’s NEXT you can opt out in several ways:
Drawing and Free Information Registration
During registration a user is required to give their contact information (such as name and email address). This information is used to contact the user about the services on our site and advertisers’ products and services for which they have expressed interest.
We will share information provided by users with our sponsors, partners and advertisers for the purpose of providing you with FREE information and/or for choosing and awarding prizes in the contests and drawings on our site. When the user signs up for our services, we will share names and other contact information that is necessary for the third party to provide these services. These parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services.
Cookies will be used on our website. A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s hard drive containing information about the user. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information while on our site. If a user rejects the cookie, they may still use our site. The only drawback to this is that the user will be limited in some areas of our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site.
We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that Florida Trend’s NEXT is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this website.
Surveys, Drawings and Contests
From time-to-time our site requests information from users via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age, grade level) and questions about requesting free information. Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information may be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.
If a user elects to use our referral service for informing a friend about our site, we ask them for the friend’s name and email address. Florida Trend’s NEXT will automatically send the friend a one-time email inviting them to visit the site. Florida Trend’s NEXT stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email. The friend may contact Florida Trend’s NEXT to request the removal of this information from the database.
We may send new users a welcoming email. Established users will occasionally receive information on products, services, special deals, and a newsletter. Out of respect for the privacy of our users we present the option to not receive these types of communications.
Click here to notify us for the purpose of changing and modifying information previously provided.
Contacting the Website
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, send a question to Editor@FloridaNEXT.com
Site and Service Updates
We also send the user site and service announcement updates. Users are not able to unsubscribe from service announcements, which contain important information about the service. We communicate with the user to provide requested services and in regards to issues relating to their account via email or phone.
Correcting/Updating Personal Information
If a user’s personally identifiable information changes, or if a user no longer desires our service, we will endeavor to provide a way to correct, update or remove that user’s personal data provided to us. This can be done by emailing such information to Editor@FloridaNEXT.com
Notification of Changes
- Copyright. All editorial content and graphics on this site are protected by U.S. copyright and international treaties and may not be copied without the express permission of Trend Magazines Inc., which reserves all rights. Re-use of any of Florida Trend’s NEXTeditorial content and graphics online for any purpose is strictly prohibited. The materials from Florida Trend’s NEXT website are available for informational and noncommercial uses offline only, provided the content and/or graphics are not modified in any way, all copyright and other notices on any copy are retained, and permission is granted by Trend Magazines Inc.Permission to use Florida Trend’s NEXT: Your Future After High School in Florida content and/or www.FloridaNEXT.com content is granted on a case-by-case basis. Florida Trend’s NEXT welcomes requests. Please direct your inquiries to Editor@FloridaNEXT.com.DO NOT copy or adapt the HTML that Florida Trend’s NEXTcreates to generate pages. It also is covered by the copyright of Trend Magazines Inc.The “look” and “feel” of Florida Trend’s NEXT site are Trend Magazines Inc. trademarks. This includes Florida Trend’s NEXTcolor combinations, button shapes, layout, and all other graphical elements.
- Trademarks. Among the trademarks and service marks owned by Trend Magazines Inc., are www.FloridaNEXT.com, Florida Trend’s NEXT: Your Future After High School In Florida, Teen Trendsetters Reading Mentors and the respective logos of all the company’s sites. All other trademarks and tradenames are the property of their respective owners.
- Responsibility. Florida Trend’s NEXT does not monitor this website at all times, but reserves the right to do so. We take no responsibility for any material input by others and not posted byFlorida Trend’s NEXT. We are not responsible for the content of any other websites linked to the website; links are provided as internet navigation tools only.
- Acceptable Site Use
(a) Do Not post or transmit any content that is abusive, vulgar, obscene, hateful, fraudulent, unlawful, threatening, harassing, or defamatory.
(b) Do Not post or transmit any material that you do not have a right to transmit under law (such as copyright) or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (as in nondisclosure agreements).
(c) Do Not post, transmit or link to sexually explicit material.
(d) Do Not use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this website or any activity being conducted on this site.
(e) Do Not take any action which imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on this website’s infrastructure.
(f) Do Not disclose to or share your password with any third parties or use your password for any unauthorized purpose, if you have a password allowing access to a non-public area of this website, notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, using or attempting to use any engine, software, tool, agent or other device or mechanism (including without limitation browsers, spiders, robots, avatars or intelligent agents) to navigate or search this website other than the search engine and search agents available from this website and other than generally available third party web browsers (e.g., Chrome, Internet Explorer)
(g) Do Not attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the website.
(h) Website Security Rules. Users are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of Florida Trend’s NEXT, including, without limitation, (a) accessing data not intended for such user or logging into a server or account which such user is not authorized to access, (b) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization,(c) attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of overloading, “flooding”, “mailbombing” or “crashing”, or (d) sending unsolicited email, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services, or (e) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. Florida Trend’s NEXT will investigate occurrences which may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who are involved in such violations.
(i) General Rules. Users may not use this site in order to transmit, distribute, store or destroy material (a) in violation of any applicable law or regulation, (b) in a manner that will infringe the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights of others or violate the privacy or publicity or other personal rights of others, or (c) that is libelous obscene, threatening, abusive or hateful.
- Suspension, Termination. Any user which Florida Trend’s NEXTdetermines to have violated any element of these Acceptable Site Use Rules may receive a written warning, and will be subject at our discretion to a temporary suspension of service pending such user’s agreement in writing to refrain from any further violations; provided, however, that if we deem it necessary, we may immediately suspend or terminate such user’s service without issuing such a warning.Users which we determine to have committed a second violation of any element of these Acceptable Site Use Rules shall be subject to immediate suspension or termination of services without further notice.
- Use by Minors. Users under the age of 18 should be certain they have their parent’s consent before registering for free information, drawings, contests or surveys.
THE MATERIALS IN THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, Florida Trend’s NEXT AND ITS AFFILIATES DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Florida Trend’s NEXT DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE MATERIAL WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. Florida Trend’s NEXT DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OF OR THE RESULT OF THE USE OF THE MATERIAL IN THIS SITE IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. YOU (AND NOT Florida Trend’s NEXT) ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION. THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, TO THE EXTENT THAT APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES.
- Disclaimer. You use this site at your own risk.
FLORIDA TREND’S NEXT
RETAINS THE RIGHT TO REVISE THESE RULES AT ANY TIME.
WARNING: ANY USE OF THE FLORIDA TREND’S NEXT SITE IN VIOLATION OF THESE RULES CONSTITUTES TRESPASS AND/OR INFRINGEMENT OF THE RIGHTS OF THE SITE SPONSOR AND MAY RESULT IN LEGAL ACTION AGAINST YOU.