Whatever you’re considering after high school graduation, it’s important to discuss your options with the guidance office. Make an appointment to see a guidance counselor early in your junior year to get the process started. Plan to be in regular contact with the guidance office throughout your last two years of school, especially if you’re planning to continue your education.
Not sure how to begin? Keep these questions in your back pocket:
- What courses will I need for college?
- What can I study at a technical school?
- How should I request recommendations?
- Am I on track to graduate on time?
- Should I take the ACT or SAT?
- When do you hold college planning sessions?
- How do I fill out this form?
- Where do I start my college search?
- Can you put me in touch with recent graduates who are working full-time?
- Do you know of any internship or volunteer opportunities nearby?