Bright Futures 2023-24
There is no simpler or more comprehensive
way to pay for college than Bright Futures.
This scholarship program, funded by the Florida Lottery, provides tuition assistance for high-achieving high school grads to attend an in-state public college or university.
The two most well-known scholarships are Florida Academic Scholars (FLAS) and Florida Medallion Scholars (FLMS). FLAS pays 100% of tuition and fees, while FLMS pays 75% towards a bachelor’s degree or 100% towards an associate’s degree.
Bright Futures also offers Gold Seal scholarships for students enrolled in career education or certification programs.
To qualify for these awards, students must:
- Submit the Florida Financial Aid Application by August 31
- Successfully complete the following high school coursework:
- 4 credits of English
- 4 credits of Math
- 3 credits of Natural Science
- 3 credits of Social Science
- 2 credits of World Language
(same language, sequential)
- Earn a minimum GPA of 3.5 (FLAS) or 3.0 (FLMS)
- Earn a minimum SAT score of 1340 (FLAS) or 1210 (FLMS) -OR- a minimum ACT score of 29 (FLAS) or 25 (FLMS)
- Complete 100 hours (FLAS) or 75 hours (FLMS) of community service -OR- 100 paid work hours