Get Your Piece of the Pie
As judge for TableLegsOnline.com’s Future Entrepreneurs of America scholarship, Luis Leonzo shares tips for getting your piece of the free money pie.
- Do read the instructions. And follow them! Almost 40% of the applications he sees are either incomplete, off-topic or intended for another scholarship. Check your word count; the judges sure will.
- Do read the essay prompt thoroughly. Answer the actual question. Stay on topic.
- Do read your essay aloud before sending it in. If it’s hard to say, it will be hard to read.
- Don’t use big words just for the sake of using big words.
- Don’t just list what you’re good at; provide constructive examples. Show how you implemented these skills in real life scenarios.